Thursday, March 31, 2005
Quiz 3 (BOLLYWOOD)
Quiz 3 (March 21-27, 2005): Bollywood
1. Which actress won the first Dadasaheb Phalke award in 1970? [HINT: She was married to the Russian painter Svetoslav Roerich]
2. Who played Akbars wife Jodhabai in the 1960 classic Mughal-e-Azam?
3. Which actor made his hindi movie debut in the 1969 movie Saat Hindustani?
4. For which 1977 Shyam Benegal movie based on the life of actress Hansa Wadkar did Smita Patil win the national award?
5. Who won five consecutive Filmfare awards for best male playback singer?
6. What special occasion celebrates its fifty first anniversary this week (March 21)? It took place at Mumbais Metro theater and was presided over by the then US Ambassador to India, Mr. George V. Allen?
7. Who directed the critically acclaimed 1984 movie Saaraansh?
8. By what name was the comedian Badruddin Jamaluddin Qazi commonly known to the public? [HINT: He was first spotted by noted actor Balraj Sahni in a bus, where he
was working as a conductor.]
9. Which well known film critic and former editor of Filmfare made his directorial debut with the 2000 movie Fiza?
10. Who won Filmfare awards in the Best Dialogue category for movies Namak Haram and Anand?
11. Sanjeev Kumar is remembered for playing the character of Thakur in Sholay. What is the full name of this character?
12. in the last ten years, which 4 directors won Filmfare awards for Best Screenplay in their directorial debut ventures (1995, 1998, 1999, 2001)?
1. Devika Rani
2. Durga Khote
3. Amitabh Bachchan
5. Kumar Sanu (1990-94: Aashiqui, Saajan, Deewana, Baazigar, and 1942: A Love Story)
6. The first Filmfare Awards function
7. Mahesh Bhatt
8. Johnny Walker
9. Khalid Mohammad
11. Thakur Baldev Singh
12. Aditya Chopra (Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge), Karan Johar (Kuch Kuch Hota Hai), John Mathew Mathan (Sarfarosh), Farhan Akhtar (Dil Chahta Hai)