Thursday, March 31, 2005
Quiz 2 (CRICKET)
Quiz 2 (March 14-20, 2005): Cricket [Although dealing with cricket in general, it is more focused on Indian cricket]
1. How many centuries has Sachin Tendulkar scored in ODIs? This seems to be a very easy question, but it's very easy to lose track of the number!
2. As of March 13, 2005 at what position does India stand in the ICC Test Rankings?
3. Which fast bowler (373 test wickets) made his test debut in the same match as Sachin Tendulkar?
4. Who won the man of the match award in the 2nd tied test match (Aus-Ind, Madras 1986-87)?
5. Who holds the Indian record for the longest stay at the wickets in a test inning? Any other details will get bonus credit.
6. how many triple hundreds has Sir Don Bradman scored in test matches?
7. who is the only Indian to have scored a century on his test debut at Lords?
8. rahul dravid is india's third highest run getter in tests after Gavaskar and Tendulkar. Who is the fourth highest? [hint former captain]
9. Javed Miandad's last ball six off Chetan Sharma is legendary. It was the final of which tournament (1986)?
10. Who was india's highest wicket taker in the 2003 World Cup in South Africa?:
11. India have played Pakistan 4 times in the World Cup (1991/92 Sydney, 1995/96 Bangalore, 1999 Manchester and 2002-03 Centurion).
a.Only one player apart from Tendulkar has played for India in all 4 games who is this player?
b.Which umpire has officiated in all these 4 games?
12. who is the only cricketer to have reached a test triple century with a six?
3. Waqar Younis
4. Shared by Dean Jones and Kapil Dev
5. Rahul Dravid last year against Pakistan at Rawalpindi (270 off 495 balls in 740 minutes, beating Gavaskar's 172 in 708 minutes against England at Bangalore in 1981-82.
7. Saurav Ganguly
8. Dilip Vengsarkar (6868 runs in 116 matches)
9. Australasia Cup
10. Zaheer Khan (18)
11. a. Javagal Srinath; b. David Shephard.
12. Virendra Sehwag